Hello. My name is Daniel Eden, and I’m a designer.
I’m also blessed with the curiosity and brainpower to execute my ideas through code. In other words, I do a little development as well. Right now, I’m studying Digital Media Technology at Nottingham Trent University. I’m in my final year of study, due to graduate in July.
I say a lot of things on Twitter. I show off my design work-in-progress on Dribbble. You can subscribe to my updates on Facebook, take a look at my photos on my photo blog, take a listen to my musical preferences on Rdio, listen to music I’ve made myself on SoundCloud, and endorse me on Zerply. I also write a lot of code and put it on GitHub. Sometimes, I write more thought-out and refined posts about my thoughts and experiences. You can find those on Medium.
If you want to talk about design, my work, or what I had for breakfast, you can email me at [email protected]
Interviews and more
If you want to learn a little more about my journey so far, I’d recommend giving the following links a read/listen:
- Young Guns Show
- Galen Gidmen quizzed me about why designers should learn to code, working with others, and open source projects.
- The Industry
- CJ Melegrito talks to me about my projects, my motivation, and my idols. The Industry also featured a great review of Onword.
- David Silverman shoots me five quick questions, covering my beginnings, my workspace, and my favorite font.
- The East Wing
- I had great fun talking to Tim Smith about my side projects, typography, and the things I’d teach my younger self.
- .net Magazine
- I spoke to Craig Grannell a little more about “Max CSS.” and why it’s important to encourage new developers to explore the CSS of other sites.
- The Pastry Box Project
- One thought on design and more, every month for the year of 2012.
- Moving the Web
- I spoke at Webshaped 2012 about CSS animation, and creating a more enjoyable user experience through the use of subtle animations.